Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Retrain Your Brain Day 3

A quick reflection on Day Three of my challenge to retrain my brain. Today, I am grateful for the quiet time I had with the LORD this morning. For the privilege of being a stay at home mom who can volunteer at my children's school and our church. For the soreness in my body that means I have been working out intensely. For the thank you text that I received from my friend who I wrote on Day One. For the hugs I received from a friend's child and the light in his eyes when I hugged him back.

My positive experience today was the Science Devotion that I presented to one of the other third grade classes. It went smoothly and the teacher and students were very appreciative. I enjoyed seeing the children be thrilled to learn and share their knowledge with me.

My prayer and meditation time brought more time in God's Word that offered joy, strength and wisdom. My exercise came in the form of floor exercises using my big pink ball. Still feeling the soreness from it.

My random act of kindness involved encouraging a fellow parent and spending time with my niece and goddaughter. God continues to work on me and I am thankful for that!

No comments: