Sunday, May 22, 2011

Getting Back on Track... Days 5, 6 & 7



A weekend away taking Ephraim to his annual cardiology exam at Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago and visiting family got me a bit off track with my blogging, but I certainly was able to continue to be grateful and positive.

Of great importance to our family was the blessing God had in store for us in Ephraim's cardiology exam. First it started with Ephraim (without prompting) vehemently requesting that I contact his teachers to ask them to pray for his appointment and travel. I am grateful for sons that know the power of prayer and for teachers that are faithful to pray for and with my sons.

I am grateful for family. Staying with my twin brother and his family is a gift to us in so many ways. Because of family, going to Chicago doesn't have to be all about going to the cardiologist. It is about time with cousins, playing, sleeping over, celebrating and a soccer game.

We are grateful for a cardiologist that offers Saturday appointments at a suburban clinic so that school or work do not have to be missed. Our appointment gave us confirmation of Ephraim's clean bill of health and even the potential promise that he may be able to play competitive sports as he gets older. This is something to be grateful for considering they had previously said he would not be allowed to do this at all.

Our day wasn't over when we left the soccer game at Oak Park. On the way home, we hopped off the highway to Munster, Indiana and were able to catch the school musical of our nieces Catherine and Sara. As well as sharing in a wonderful meal and a few precious moments of outside play with cousins. I am grateful for more family time and then a safe trip home. I am grateful for a husband that is willing to drive and is committed to the care of his family.

I had hoped to have an unbroken chain of posts for the 21 days of this challenge, but I am staying positive and not wallowing in the days I did not post. I was still able to complete most of the facets of the challenge including doing a little exercise in the car with a exer-band and some isometric exercises. So rather than focus on the negative, I am choosing the positive. Attitude is everything.

No comments: