Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Retrain Your Brain Challenge Day 2


Finding things/people to be grateful for continues to be easy to do. Yesterday, I limited myself to only listing three things/people. Today, I decided I don't think that I will run out of things for which to be grateful. So here is the list that came to mind: my husband who sticks by me through "thick and thin", my first born son who has a tender and compassionate bent, and my second born son who has been a challenge and a delight to me. I am also thankful for the heritage irises that grace my back deck and my cousin John who gave them to me. I am thankful for my home and for my refrigerator even though it is on the fritz. I am grateful we have the money to have it fixed.

As for my positive experience, I was thrilled with the work I was able to accomplish on my Sumer Bible Study Theme with the LORD's help. I found some very useful information on the website: www.goarmy.com that I will be able to incorporate in our theme of being a good soldier in Christ.

My prayer and meditation time was spent in God's Word this morning. My focus again was on the song Sanctuary as well as a new verse Psalm 18:29. The LORD opened my heart and mind to trust Him and allow Him room to move in situations that I have previously tried to control.

I was thankful that the repairman was able to diagnose our refrigerator problems and leave in time for me to get to my Aqua Boot Camp class at the gym. I have been going to this class every Tuesday and Thursday (with rare exception) since early February. Twice a week exercise may not seem like much to some people, but from someone who has been pretty much sedentary off and on most of my life it was a big deal. I was concerned that I might not be inclined to make daily exercise a part of my routine, but I have decided that it maybe more doable and enjoyable than I think.

Honoring the challenge to praise or affirm someone in my life, I chose to write a friend who had generously given me several pairs of shoes that I was able to share with even more people. I also purposefully took time to thank Carson and Ephraim for cooperating by going to childcare while I went to Aqua Boot Camp. To which Carson replied "Why are you thanking us, Mama?". He wasn't expecting praise for his simple obedience, but praise is certainly due even in situations where obedience is expected.

All and all, another good day.. At least I am CHOOSING to see it that way!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Your flowers are LOVELY! We have purple ones and I can remember as a child, I LOVED to run out to the garden, through the dewy grass, to cut a few flowers to wrap in a paper towel and take to school for my teachers. :)

As for the daily exercise...I am committing to just 10 minutes of yoga on the Wii. Five poses. I often end up doing more, but it's the right amount to get me started.

Bravo mama! You are awesome!!