Monday, June 8, 2009

Taking a Break...

It was like I almost forgot I had a blog. Been busy, just let posting get away from me. As of last Wednesday, Carson was officially on Summer break and Ephraim's Children's Morning Out program ended on the Thursday before. They both were ready for Summer. We all have a break from Bible Study Fellowship, but we aren't taking a break from the study of God's WORD.

I may have mentioned in a prior post, but we are studying the book of Ephesians as a family. We started by talking about how that the book of Ephesians was a collection of letters. Given to us by God, written by the Apostle Paul to the people of Ephesus. We did our own rendition of the Blues Clues song "We just got a letter". (You will know this if you have young children).

This week we are studying Ephesians 2 staring with verse 8. Instead of focusing on receiving a letter, we are talking about the gift God gave us in our Savior Jesus. I just love how God uses His WORD to meet us right where we are. I want so very much for God's WORD to be a living and active presence in the life of the boys and us of course.

Speaking of living and active, our sermon series on the book/movie The Ultimate Gift started this past Sunday. Pastor Teike spoke this week on the gift of work. I felt convicted about being more on task and less idle. I suppose I ought to sign off and start my work for the day. Everyone has a job to do, even me.

No comments: